Roasted Beet Tzatziki Salad from Egg Shop by Nick Korbee
Are you suffering from salad fatigue? We have a recipe that will solve your problems. This Roasted Beet Tzatziki Salad from Egg Shop: The Cookbook by Nick Korbee is bursting with flavor. With a savory combination of hard boiled eggs, radishes, chili, and beet tzatkiki, each bite of this salad is deliciously unique.
Inside Egg Shop: The Cookbook, you’ll find proper egg-cooking techniques as well as instructions on incorporating eggs into super-delicious dishes from the health-conscious to the decadent, using fresh, delicious ingredients: homemade seeded rye bread, the best-quality bacon, and the perfect melting cheese. After mastering the most common and useful egg cooking methods (scrambled, poached, fried) Nick Korbee teaches you how to unlock egg superpowers—coddling them in Mason jars full of truffle oil and basting them with coffee-infused compound chocolate-bacon butter. Egg Shop: The Cookbook is on sale March 21. Pre-order a copy from your favorite retailer now.
Roasted Beet Tzatziki Salad
This psychedelic Mediterranean-inspired salad marries bright, fresh ingredients with sweet, earthy roasted beets and perfectly cooked eggs. It tastes as good as it looks on the plate, and all the ingredients make for good snacks.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
- 1 cup Beet Tzatziki
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato, finely diced
- 1 Persian (mini) cucumber, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 radishes, sliced into very thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup equal parts torn fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, dill fronds, and mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Sea salt
- 1 cup Pickled Beets; reserve a little liquid for garnish
- Pinch of ground sumac, for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Spread the tzatziki on two serving plates and top with the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato, cucumber, chile flakes, radishes, poppy seeds, fresh herbs, and buttermilk. Season with a little sea salt.
- Broil or sauté the pickled beets to slightly caramelize and blister the outer surface.
- Top the eggs with the cucumber-tomato salad and the hot beets. Garnish with more herbs, a pinch of sumac, a little olive oil, and the pickling liquid from the beets.
MAKES 2¼ CUPS
- 1 cup labneh
- 1 cup grated beets
- ¼ cup peeled, seeded, and minced Persian (mini) cucumber
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 6 leaves fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper