ICYMI: Lisa Leake Demo’s Her Recipe for Veggie Cream Cheese on Facebook Live
Today we’re sharing the Veggie Cream Cheese from 100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous by Lisa Leake. Her recipe is super quick, easy, and best of all, healthy. We love the crunchy addition of fresh veggies and it can easily elevate a sandwich or appetizer plate. Earlier this week, Lisa was on Facebook Live showing us how to make this recipe and incorporate it into an easy lunch. Head over to her Facebook page to watch her make the recipe!
100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous gives Lisa’s devoted fans and newcomers exactly what they want: quick and tasty favorites for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and even snacks that are a snap to make–and all starting from fresh, whole, unprocessed food. The recipes in the book are sure to please everyone, from Cinnamon-Raisin Scones and Couscous and Tomato Salad to Parmesan-Crusted Chicken. While some dishes are blog favorites, seventy-five percent are brand new. With this essential cookbook, illustrated with color photos for every single recipe, you’ll see just how fast and fabulous good home-cooked meals can be. Pre-order a copy of 100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous from your favorite retailer today.
Pre-order 100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous before it’s on sale October 25 and submit proof of purchase, and you’ll also receive an eBook from Lisa Leake. The eBook includes:
- 8 recipes that are nothing other than quick and easy – just like those in the new cookbook.
- Color photos for each recipe.
- What’s included…
- 4 simple after school snack recipes (it’s hard to believe it’s that time of year again!)
- 1 breakfast recipe
- 1 salad recipe
- 2 dinner recipes
Go to Lisa’s website to find out how to submit your proof of purchase, and stay tuned as we share some sneak peek recipes from the book in the coming weeks!
Veggie Cream Cheese
We found our new favorite snack food—and it’s this cream cheese! It’s fabulous as a dip for crackers or veggies, but (as you can see here) equally great on sandwiches with some thin cucumber slices for lunch. Also, if you’re looking for some wholesome entertaining food for a wedding or baby shower, these would be super cute cut into little tea sandwiches and displayed on a pretty cake platter.
Prep time: Less than 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
Makes about 11/2 cups
Special tools needed: Food processor
GLUTEN-FREE | VEGETARIAN | NUT-FREE
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cucumber, skin on, cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 green onion, white and green parts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- In the food processor, combine everything but the cream cheese and pulse until finely chopped.
- Drop the cream cheese into the veggie mix and pulse until well combined. Serve or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.