Peanut Butter Blondies from The Chef Next Door by Amanda Freitag
Dessert fans, this recipe is perfect for you! We love these Peanut Butter Blondies from The Chef Next Door by Amanda Freitag. Blondies hold a special place in our hearts, and these ones are even more elevated with the addition of peanut butter. These are perfect for any occasion. The Chef Next Door by Amanda Freitag is on sale today! Amanda Freitag is a master at knocking out fabulous meals in restaurant kitchens and on the set of Food Network’s Chopped and Iron Chef America. But until recently, she was totally intimidated to cook at home in her tiny apartment kitchen, relating to the fears of many home cooks. She realized she wasn’t alone! The Chef Next Door teaches home cooks a wide range of confidence-instilling skills, tricks, and tips that Amanda has picked up working in professional kitchens and cooking competitively on television. In her bright, lively voice, she helps you master the basic techniques that are the foundation of good, flavorful cooking. Purchase a copy today from your favorite retailer.
PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES
As a chocolate lover, I could easily have filled this chapter with chocolate-based recipes, but I had to restrain myself. So instead of my brownie recipe, here’s a peanut butter blondie recipe that I adore. But don’t worry—I still manage to sneak chocolate in there, by drizzling them with chocolate sauce, eating them with chocolate milk, or even gluing two together into a sandwich with chocolate mousse filling (see page 265).
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and make sure the oven rack is in the center position. Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Use a fork or whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer (or even in a food processor), cream the butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix to incorporate fully.
- With the mixer running on low, gradually add the dry ingredients, letting each addition be fully incorporated before you add more.
- Turn off the machine and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix once or twice more to fully incorporate all the flour.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer. Add the peanut butter chips and use a spoon or spatula to mix just until the chips have been distributed throughout the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and use the spoon or spatula to push it into the corners, making a smooth, even layer.
- Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean and the blondies are golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.