The Celebration of Emeril’s One-Pot Wonders Continues!

Many of us know Emeril Lagasse as this larger than life TV personality. I for one automatically think of all things Cajun and spicy when I hear his name.  But as I’ve been following the blogs from our One-Pot Party participants, I’ve been repeatedly amazed at the diversity of recipes and cuisines Emeril has packed into his latest cookbook, Sizzling Skillets and Other One-Pot Wonders.  Organized into sections based on the type of cooking vessel used, this cookbook contains a vast array of weeknight-friendly recipes such as Linguini with Artichokes, Shrimp & Mascarpone (prepared by blogger Theresa at The Food Hunters Guide) or the Baked Cavatappi with Chicken (prepared by Milisa at Miss in the Kitchen).

And while we ask the bloggers not to post the recipes (we want you to buy the book, after all!); they’ve turned to creative ways to showcase their festive creations. Shawnie, writing at Manges! Mangi!, partnered with a professional photographer to show off Emeril’s Leek and Potato Quiche in all its photogenic glory.

One of my favorite recipe substitutions comes from blogger Shelby who managed to create the Wok-Seared Duck in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene. Unable to get to the store, she substituted pork for the duck, and she raved about the meal—“it was light, herby, tart, minty and sweet” all at the same time!  She had never experienced anything like it before. The proof is in the pork, folks, it’s all about the way Emeril seasons the dishes in this cookbook.

But the two recipes I’m most excited to try in the coming weeks are the Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya (I love, love, love Jambalaya!) and the Spicy Vegetable Coconut Curry, which two bloggers have recently discovered. The bloggers have even impressed Emeril’s team, as his test kitchen chefs are newly inspired to prepare again some of their all-time favorite Emeril recipes, just for kicks! This cookbook is by no means one-dimensional, as our bloggers have so deftly illustrated. It’s full of flavors combining recipes from various regions of the world, Emeril-style!

Buy the Book
Comments
9 Responses to “The Celebration of Emeril’s One-Pot Wonders Continues!”
  1. For sure it’s been a blast trying all these recipes, and even more so because there are a bunch of people doing it at the same time. So much fun seeing how everyone else’s recipes have turned out!

2. Tracey says:

I echo the comments above, it’s been so much fun to cook from Emeril’s new book! My husband can’t stop talking about how much he loves the jambalaya 🙂

• Angela says:

Thanks for leaving me a sweet comemnt on my blog {redberrybarn.blogspot}. I am so glad that you left me your blog address…you are so creative. I am your newest follower too!Have a fabulous day!Jenn

• Hassan says:

I get & have gotten my best ones from asmlot all of the above things. I have recipe cards in my mother’s handwriting that are as precious as the actual recipe. I have some favorite magazines that I’ve gotten many from (Southern Living, of course!). I like cookbooks put out by college alumni groups, Jr. Leagues and such ..tried & true recipes. And friends who are good cooks & generous with their recipes are a great source. I love seeing a friend’s name at the bottom of a recipe & thinking of her each time I make it.

• Raman says:

For a few days after the first of the year I thought back to that man (or maybe it was the failmy) that owns like 3 things a piece & I thought I should try. I’m unorganized & always in search of the next thing while my current things slowly suffocate me, while I’m still screaming But we don’t have anything . I threw the idea out once I realized that owning only 3 things would probably send me more in a tizzy & just try & focus on not being such an unorganized & greedy whore.

• Aikonia says:

Hi Lisa, I hope you really enjoy your flingmao peppers. They’re so fun to work with. Since this recipe is embedded in the photos, there isn’t a print function, unfortunately. A smart phone or tablet propped up on the kitchen counter is probably a good bet. I hope you enjoy!

• Ayaz says:

Okay, here’s something rlaely needed: A recipe book for people who raise gardens and do home canning or freezing.Recipes should use sizes such as pints or quarts rather than a can from the store that might be any size. And no ingredients should be listed as a box of this or package of that. Use only actual measured amounts.I’ll buy several if you do it right.

3. This blogging party has been a great experience. Everyone should go out and buy the book tomorrow!

4. Judy says:

Thanks again for the opportunity to review, prepare, and recommend Emeril’s delicious recipes and cookbook! It has been a wonderful experience!