Monday’s Good Bites!

Nuts in the KitchenThank goodness it’s Monday—time for more Good Bites from Morrow Cookbooks! Check out the delicious links below featuring a few of our chefs and cookbook authors!

Have you ever been to Italy? What about Eataly? This week Mario Batali unveiled his new Italian market in NYC. We think it sounds delizioso!

Beloved author and chef Tom Douglas has opened a new restaurant in Seattle called Seatown Snack Bar. Next time we travel west, we’re definitely stopping by—will you?

This recent review of Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain in The Pacific Northwest Inlander gives readers a great taste of what the book is all about.

Susan Herrmann Loomis’s article about the perfect melon in France Today is simply mouthwatering.

Comments
8 Responses to “Monday’s Good Bites!”
  1. Ingrid says:

The best way to get rid of them, is to first put all your clothing and blektans in bags, separated by color etc. Put them aside, oh and there are services that give your clothing etc an extra hot wash. What I did was purchase a spray specifically for bed bugs which worked radically, and sprayed all over, on mattresses, couches, carpeting, making sure to get nooks, crannies, corners, spray your insides of your shoes too. then used the hot steam cleaner and did my couches, mattresses, underneath them.. and the carpet. It takes a while, and you get sweaty but it’s worth it. Unfortunately, if you have wood slats for your mattresses, you need to either heat steam and spray the heck out of them, all the holes, cracks, corners.. a few times, or just get rid of them. They can hide in cracks n stuff. Metal is better, and even then, put Vaseline around the lower part of the legs, so they can’t crawl up them. After you have sprayed, and then steamed everything then you can vacuum and make sure to throw away vacuumed up stuff in a separate bag and throw away, far away.. or what I did was flush it. THEN: using a hot steamer, shampoo your carpets.If you are a hoarder, you may as well just move. but if you can get rid of all needless items do so. They can hide anywhere. After a days rest, then it’s time to go through your closets with bed bug spray. Steam them out too. Wash ALL clothes n stuff, I actually did it a second time, the next day for good measure vacuumed, heat steamed and then sprayed.. but I was getting a bit paranoid! I’d see a dark fleck and think it was a bug but it wasn’t.. :)anyway.. it’s a lot of work but worth it and I didn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a service. AFTER all is done, and until you know you’ve gone through everything and get on with life when you change your clothes, do not just throw them on the floor. You must immediately put your used or dirty clothes in plastic bags and tie them. Use hot water when you can. and before leaving on vacation, or even just for the day I would respray everywhere well, at least for that first month.Hope that helps!I think that’s about it.

2. Andy says:

Well, let me get this party started! I’ve tried out the Cobra and I think it’s seprub! One issue though. More Cobra child-themes are needed. But, I’ll solve my own problem by developing a few for the Cobra community.

• Arek says:

Can I just say exactly what a releif to get somebody who really knows what theyre referring to on the net. You definitely learn how to bring an problem to light and make it crucial. A lot more and far more people really should have a look at this and see why side in the story. I cant believe youre less popular because you undoubtedly hold the gift.

• Jesus says:

I’m not one who usually leveas comments on people’s pages, and I really only read your blog because a friend posted that her friend’s dress (the dino dress) was featured on you blog. But I thought I’d throw in my two cents on this one. I have a twin brother. We have shared our birthday every year of our life. When we got to be six my parents decided one year I would get a “friends” birthday party and my brother would get one the following year. We always celebrated with a family birthday party for both us. But I have to admit I still felt left out and even though I’m 28 and have been celebrating my birthday on my own for awhile now I still feel a little cheated. My parents are great and did a wonderful job raising me. And while I can absolutely imagine the horror that would be two birthday parties for small children around the same time of the year (which for us was three weeks before Christmas) I wouldn’t have felt cheated out of half of my birthdays. If you combine them just make sure they each feel special. Because it stings to have a birthday that you don’t get to celebrate when your sibling does. Ok I’m done with my birthday rant. Happy child rearing!

• Dini says:

This pie looks so delicious, apple pie is one of my ftreuviaos..love the plated and criss crossed pastry on top..collage looks great.Catherine BYW

• Lakesha says:

Good student discount. Young QuotesChimp pay the highest premi�ums for insurance. This burden can be reduced for good students. If you have a high school or college student in the family who gets good grades, let your insurance company know about it. It can save you money.

• Takashi says:

Popo….toso xamhla to karma? na pw oti dn to pieemrna? afou apo thn arxh eprepe na to valoun ka8hmerino na to synh8hsei o kosmos!twra dysthxws dn exei k polles elpides… alla file mou Xristos sygnwmh alla 8ewrw oti dn mporeis na krineis esy ws aplos blogger xwris kamia empeiria sto xwro twn kanaliwn to programmatismo enos kanaliou opws einai o ANT1. Kai kakws dn anerthses k ta noumera tou Radio Arvyla to opoio ekane 18.8% noumero p dn eide pote sthn apogeumatinh zwnh!

• humor says:

There’s a terrific amount of knowledge in this article!