Culinary Bloggers: Emeril Lagasse Wants to Help You Kick Up Your Food Blog!
We’re going to cook our way through Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches this fall, chowing down on America’s favorite lunch as we go. As a participating blogger in the Kick Up Your Food Blog cook-along, you’ll be asked to prepare several recipes of your choosing featured in Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches over the course of three weeks and blog about your experiences. We’ll reward you with cash and prizes, not to mention assistance with building blog traffic and your social media platform with the help of Emeril’s team!
Whether you’re a sandwich-making novice or a master flavor-builder, you’ll experience some serious sandwich action like you’ve never tasted before (making the people you feed along the way very happy).
To enter for your chance to participate in the Kick Up Your Food Blog cook-along, read the criteria below and then complete the form.
- Participants must post to their blog at least twice a week about their experiences cooking from Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches. They may prepare any sandwich, condiment or bread from the book that they wish, but we ask that they do not post the recipes to their blog unless it is one of the pre-approved recipes (a list will be provided with the digital assets).
- Bloggers will write a minimum of seven posts about cooking from Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches (2 posts x 3 weeks = 6 posts). We of course welcome more frequent posts if they’re so inclined!
- Participants will help to spread the word about Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches through their Facebook, Twitter and/or Pinterest feeds at least three times a week. Usage of the #SeriousSandwich hashtag is encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to engage in dialogue with other bloggers who are participating in the cook-along by commenting on their blog posts, RTing their tweets, repinning pins, and liking and commenting on their related Facebook status updates
- Posts must go live between October 1, 2012 and October 23, 2012.
Participants will receive:
- ONE pre-publication copy of Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches to use to cook from for the three-week-long program
- ONE additional copy of Emeril’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches to offer as a giveaway through your blog, Twitter feed, Pinterest board, or Facebook profile (we will mail books directly to the winners from our offices)
- ONE jar of Emeril’s Kicked Up Horseradish Mustard from B&G
- ONE rectangular plastic storage container from Snapware
- $50 grocery reimbursement*
- SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT & BUZZ
- William Morrow Cookbooks will feature or mention your posts on our blog, in our October newsletter, on our Facebook fan page and in our Twitter stream.
- Emeril may occasionally share a link to one of your blog posts via Facebook or Twitter.
- CONTENT, LINKS & IMAGES. We will provide you with a few recipes and corresponding images from the book to publish on your blog, and links to additional content
- LIBRARY OF EMERIL COOKBOOKS*
The deadline to apply is September 13, 2012 at 6pm EST. Apply here.
*upon successful completion of project requirements
Buy the Book: